The hot chai with onion pakoda time is almost here, and with it is the apprehension of some rainy respite from the sweating heat. So how do you live healthy, happy, and independent from monsoon complications like diarrhea, colds, cholera, typhoid, dengue, infection, and such?
According to Ayurveda, during the monsoon season, the development in the standards of humidity leads to fermentation inside the stomach, which extends acidity, lowers immunity and physical health, and even our doshas are affected. These serve to obstacles like gastric upsets, skin issues, joint pains, laziness, stiffness, and anxiety. So, the monsoon is the season to detoxify and clear our bodies of all the assembled toxins and wastes. Ayurveda presents numerous forms to detoxify your body through different ayurvedic procedures, treatments, and diet. The details of how the body can be detoxified through Ayurveda is given below.
Stay Healthy During This Monsoon According To Ayurveda
- Ayurveda recommends that dinner should be very light and milk, Navadhanya(Nine grains that include Finger Millet, Pearl Millet, Maize, Millet, Kodo Millet, Paddy, Wheat, Barnyard Millet, Foxtail Millet.) are farthest used as they are quickly digestible.
- Avoid oily and spicy foods – can lead to indigestion, bloating, and salt retention.
- Acidic foodstuffs are also to be avoided.
- Steamed and well-cooked food is exceptionally significant for health during the monsoon season.
- Cow’s milk is well digestible; light gives active energy and does not serve to lethargy.
- Lunch should subsist of all the six essential tastes – sour, salty, sweet, bitter, pungent, and astringent.
- Intermittent fasting is very beneficial for the body during the summer and rainy reason. But always consult your doctor before you begin anything like this.
- Dinner should be very light and two hours before bedtime.
- Red Gram (Toor Dal) causes acidity and flatulence, and its absorption should be curtailed.
- Green Gram (Moong Dal) and ginger are most easily digestible.
- It is better to curtail the absorption of non-vegetarian items consisting of meat, pork, beef, and fish.
- Cow’s milk products are extremely beneficial during this period as it aids digestion, promotes immunity, increases stress resisting capacity, and enhances memory.
- Light exercises such as yoga and jogging are exceedingly essential to keep tone.
- Drinking of a surplus of fluids to avoid further slowing down of metabolism is advisable.
- Consumption of Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) with salt in the rainy season is favorable to health.
- Use of Fumigative bactericides like loban and dry neem leaves for drying cloths and killing bacteria is favored.
- Keep body warm, to care for any attack from diseases as and when body temperature goes down.
Be instructed about what serves for your body to perform yourself strong and healthy in this precarious rainy season. But you need not fret if you go precautions. You can revel in the rainy season to the fullest. What precautions to have? This can be managed by taking on Ayurvedic practices and medicines. In case you have a query, you can always consult Ayurvedic experts at Total Ayurveda Care and get answers to your questions! Lastly, make sure you stay away from disease outspread mosquito. In a simple way– try fumes of fried neem leaves as a mosquito repellent to protect illnesses.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is presented for the sole purpose of education on Ayurveda and neither the details in this blog nor the products are intended to diagnose, cure, prevent. treat, or mitigate any condition. If you have a medical condition, please consult a doctor or health professional. Total Ayurveda Care strongly recommends that you speak with your doctor before making any changes to your diet through which your health will be benefited.