Common cold and cough attacks are commonly witnessed these days due to increased level of pollution and depleted respiratory immune power. Seasonal and environmental allergies are the most common causes of cold and cough. Running nose, sore throat, sneezing, fatigue, muscle aches, loss of appetite, cough, headache and mild fever with chills are some common symptoms seen in common cold.
Oral over the counter cold and cough medicines are unnecessary or sometimes can cause serious harm to children. The risk of using OTC medicines is more than any help in reducing cold symptoms.
Fortunately once can treat these symptoms successfully through Ayurvedic remedies without side effects.
Home Remedies for Cold and Cough:
- Take 5ml of each ingredient juice, ginger, holy basil and add 5 ml of honey to it.
- Consume this 3-4 times in a day to get relief from common cold symptoms.
- Gargling with turmeric water 2-3 times will reduce sore throat.
- Drink Warm water with turmeric and date syrup before going to bed, this acts as natural antibiotic which helps the body to fight against flu symptoms.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon powder in warm water or tea to get relief from throat.
One can enhance immunity or the defensive mechanism against diseases by following proper Ayurvedic diet, daily regimens and seasonal regimens. It is advised to consult our experts before making any changes in your diet and lifestyle. Get in touch with our experts. Book your online consultation now.