Planning to take care of your Diabetes with Ayurvedic medicine? Would you like to learn what Ayurveda is and how it benefits to treat lifestyle disorders like Diabetes?
Ayurveda elucidates means for healthy living and measures to cope with inflammation. The fundamental principle of Ayurveda has evolved time tested and relevant to this day. Hence Ayurveda stands resilient even today and has emerged as the global health care system.
Lifestyle disorders refer to diseases associated with the way a person or group of people lives. These disorders are the outcome of unhealthy choices made by people. The principal causative factors of lifestyle disorders are malnutrition, poor physical fitness, lack of sleep, fast food habits, stress, worry, and poor health habits like smoking and alcohol. All these have a bad impact on health. Diabetes is one common Lifestyle disorder.
Diabetes in Ayurveda
Diabetes is essentially a Kapha disorder whereby the Agni function is reduced. This leads to low metabolic rate in the body and build up of sugar levels in the blood.
The term Diabetes is refers to Ayurveda – Madhumeha (Madhu – sweet; meha – to flow or urination). Diabetes falls under the category of Kapha Prameha whereas Diabetes Mellitus falls under the category of Vata Prameha. Therefore it is considered that although Diabetes is generally a Kapha disorder it is also affected by the act of Vata (and to some extent Pitta) in the body.
Ayurveda identifies 20 types of Diabetes – four due to Vata, six due to Pitta, and ten Kapha.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Blurred vision
- Excessive sweating
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Frequent urination in large quantity
- Constant Tiredness
- Blurry Vision
- Wounds Healing Slow
- Numbness, Tingling, or Pain in feet and hand
- Dark Skin Patches
- Yeast and Itching Infection
Herbal Supplements for Diabetes
There are several herbs and spices which are formed to be greatly potent in treating Diabetes and reducing blood sugar level. The best gain of these herbal diabetes supplements is that they have no side effects. Addressed below is a list of some of the most powerful diabetes treatment herbs and spice-
Ayurveda seeks to identify the symptoms accordingly and then gets to prevent the inflammation from progressing further. The treatment practices in Ayurveda affect the usage of herbal medicines, alterations in the diet, developments in the lifestyle to a healthy one, and exercise that adds yoga and pranayama. Another most essential step is known as Panchakarma, a practice to purify the body.
Diet for Diabetes
- The bitter gourd is treated as the best amends for Diabetes. Having at least one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice daily will low blood sugar levels.
- Having bitter gourd cooked with ghee for a day of three months will lead Diabetes down by a significant volume.
- A tablespoon of Indian gooseberry(amla) juice blended with a bowl of bitter-gourd juice, taken daily for two months, will boost the pancreas to secrete insulin.
- Consuming a glass of water with ten neem leaves, ten basil leaves, and ten belpatras fresh morning on empty stomach benefits in carrying sugar levels under control.
- Mix seed poeder of turmeric, and white pepper. Have this powder with a glass of milk twice every day.
- Put one mug of water into a copper vessel at night, and have water in the morning.
In Ayurveda, the body is formed by three Doshas – Kapha, Vata, Pitta, and three Gunas – Rajas, Tamas and Satva. The numerous systems that Ayurveda recommends to boost your wellbeing are:
- Meditate and exercise on a regular basis
- Eat the largest meal during lunch
- Weed out negative emotions
- Limit foods that are high in sugar
- Be concerned about when and how many carbohydrates you eat
- Have a variety of whole-grain foods and vegetables every day
- Limit your use of alcohol
- Use less salt
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime
- Take adequate eye care
- Take extra care of your foot
In today’s lifestyle, it’s obvious to go carried away with unhealthy habits. The stressful routine can fill up and bring to medical traumas like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cardiac arrests, and obesity. All these predictions join together and lead to Diabetes, but if you have control of your routine and turn to a healthy lifestyle, you can prevent it.
The key is to keep a natural way to limit sugar, and this can be managed by taking on Ayurvedic practices and medicines. In case you have a query, you can always consult an expert at Total Ayurveda Care and get answers to your questions!
Disclaimer: The information in this article is presented for the sole purpose of education on Ayurveda and neither the details in this blog nor the products are intended to diagnose, cure, prevent. treat, or mitigate any condition. If you have a medical condition, please consult a doctor or health professional. Total Ayurveda Care strongly recommends that you speak with your doctor before making any changes to your diet through which your health will be benefited.