Ayurveda is a holistic healing therapy. One of the world’s oldest practices, based on the concept that wellness and health are achieved by balancing your mind, body, and spirit.
In Ayurveda, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is classified under Yonivyapda. It is a hormonal disorder that affects women of reproductive age, characterized by irregular menstruation cycles, weight gain or loss, stress, and acne.
PCOS is caused by an imbalance in Vata, Pitta, and Kapha Doshas and an imbalance of Rasa, Rakta, and Atharva Dhatus. The causes of these imbalances in Dosha and Dhatus are mental stress, lifestyle disorders, improper diet, and lack or excessive sleep. Ayurvedic treatment is effective in normalizing your hormonal balance, reducing cysts, and regularizing monthlies. You should focus on making healthy food and lifestyle choices to keep you energetic and strong for a healthy recovery process.
Role Of Ayurveda
PCOS is one of the major causes of infertility. We at Total Ayurveda Care, recommend some specific herbs to maintain the balance of hormones. Few Asanas like Supta Baddha Konasana, Bharadvajasana, Chakki Chalanasana, Shavasana, and Pranayam reduce stress and improve hormonal balance. Panchakarma therapy provides strength to the reproductive organs like the uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes. It also maintains the hormonal balance and increases the probability of conceiving.
Essential Ayurvedic herbs that control PCOS and boost fertility.
It helps in regulating menstrual cycles. It regulates blood sugar levels, boosts fertility, and improves insulin sensitivity.
Shatavari, also known as Asparagus, is a rich source of vitamins and minerals which help protect the reproductive system in females. It aids in enhancing fertility.
Ayurvedic diet tips
- In Ayurveda, traditional foods and their dietary guidelines are prescribed based on dosha. For Vata, eat well-cooked, fresh, and warm food. Pitta diet includes cool and nourishing food, while for Kapha, a warm and light diet is beneficial for health.
- Fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, dates, walnuts, almonds, and figs help in conception.
- Diet rich foods like milk, ghee, sesame seeds both white and black, pumpkin seeds, and saffron improve health and in the formation of Shukra Dhatu.
- Spices like cumin, carom, and turmeric are recommended. Neem, tulsi, and amla are highly beneficial.
- Organic Jaggery is rich in iron and minerals, and should be added to your diet.
There are no magical ways to cure PCOS. It takes time, determination, and a positive attitude towards life. Well-balanced meals at regular intervals is a must. Ayurveda is beneficial for PCOS treatment. We, at Total Ayurveda Care focus on your body constitution to recommend a complete treatment plan. Our doctors will guide you throughout the course to cure PCOS naturally. To know more get online ayurvedic consultation with our experts.