COVID-19 – The name itself has formed a frenzied attack on people in the world. So many countries are locked down and people have started working from home. This disease is affecting our body and immune system to that, we can look at to take precautions against this pandemic situation.
Coronavirus is caused due to respiratory illness with symptoms like fever, cold, cough, breathing issues, and often more. So, the precautions that should be taken care of keeping yourself clean and social distancing. People prefer to be healthy and strong right? So, to keep your surroundings clean and eat fresh immunity-boosting foods.
Here are some Vitamin-packed dry fruits that are taken to promote your body’s natural defense.
They are rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids and also a great origin of protein. Nuts have a stand for being a rich-calorie and high-fat food. However, they are heavy in nutrients and serve heart-healthy fats. The combination of healthy fats, fiber, and proteins in walnuts aids to increase satisfaction and wholeness.
Health benefits of Walnuts –
- Aid in weight loss
- Keep the brain active
- Great for your sleep
- Good for hair
- Avoid heart diseases
- Control diabetes
- Favorable for healthy and shiny skin
- Strengthen bones
- Good for pregnant women
Almonds have extremely low amounts of calories. Eating almonds on a daily basis can keep your body with significant levels of nutrients that are profitable for overall health. This includes proteins, mono-saturated fats, and antioxidants. Furthermore, almonds promote your health by lowering bad cholesterol.
Health benefits of Almonds –
- Helps with weight loss
- Maintain skin health
- Support healthy brains function
- Help to prevent diabetes
- Increase Nutrient absorption
- Can help fight cancer and inflammation
- Help maintain dental and bone health
- Prevent heart attacks
- Good for pregnant women
Brazil nuts have several nutrients that are fundamental for the immune system, including zinc, selenium, and iron. Selenium is a fundamental trace element that is desired constant for a healthy immune system and it serves to prevent contamination to our nerves and cells.
Health Benefits of Brazil Nut –
- Helpful in weight loss
- Benefits in treating acne
- Aids indigestion
- Aids in maintaining healthy skin
- Boosts the immune system and overall health
- Aids in the proper functioning of the thyroid gland
- Benefits to prevent atherosclerosis and heart attack
- Aids in cellular growth, repair, and wound healing
- Benefits to prevent constipation, bloating and colon cancer
Dates are strong in flavor and extremely good for weight loss, this is because they have great fiber content. Dates are also good as they serve your body with Vitamin B5. This vitamin is established for boosting your stamina, which aids that you can exercise for a greater time, and work towards to get your ideal weight!
Health Benefits of Dates –
- Stimulates a healthy nervous system
- Strengthen the bones
- Used as an energy booster
- Maintain healthy skin
- Improves eyesight
- Relief from constipation and support regular bowel movements
- Beneficial for weight gaining
- Used in anemia treatment
- Reduces the risk of stroke
- Rids abdominal cancer
Raisins are fertile in dietary fiber, carbohydrates with a moderate glycemic index, and minerals like iron and copper, with low-fat content. Raisins are generally praised as a snack for weight management because they stimulate the regulation of glucose, the efficient serving of the digestive system, and the control of blood pressure. Replacing unhealthy snacks with raisins as a dietary routine has revealed positive health benefits in patients with diabetes, blood pressure, and increased levels of plasma antioxidants.
Health Benefits of Raisins –
- Reduce blood pressure
- Afford relief from constipation
- Prevent cancer
- Benefits in treating anemia and fever
- Aid in bone formation and calcium absorption
- Promote good cardiac health
- Aid in healthy weight gain
- Modulate sugar levels in diabetics
- Keep eyes and teeth against infections
Cashews have become familiar throughout the world for their delicious flavor and amazing health aids. In extension to containing great amounts of copper, cashews are an excellent source of zinc. Failing to obtain sufficient zinc compromises your immune system functioning since this iron is essential for the improvement of immune system cells.
Health Benefits of Cashews –
- Promotes bone and oral health
- Aids the immune system
- Prevents heart disease
- Reduce the risk of diabetes
- Prevents gallstones
- Reduces the risk of anemia
- Promotes the development of red blood cells
- Support healthy brain function
- Maintain healthy skin
- Prevent migraine headaches
In the historic Indian medication system, figs have been used for improving erectile function, paralysis, treating anemia, constipation, liver functions, fever, and for improving the immune system. Leaves and roots of this plant have also been used for controlling diabetes and triglycerides.
Health Benefits of Figs –
- Reduces inflammation and redness of the skin
- Benefits to treat chronic constipation
- Eliminates cancer-causing substances
- Helps cure diabetes
- Heals sore throat
- Helps get rid of sleep disorders such as insomnia
- Promotes bones density
- Clears toxins
- Reduce cholesterol
- Reduce fatigue, improve brain memory, and prevent anemia
Nuts filled with a host of healthful nutrients are stapled ingredients in our routine cooking. Loaded with minerals, vitamins, fats nuts of various kinds function together in protecting our heart and brains healthy. An indulging a handful of nuts in a daily routine boosts the immune system and reduces inflammation. Decided to stay healthy while work from home? Learn more about the natural ways. You can contact online Ayurvedic doctors at Total Ayurveda Care and get more healthy tips.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is presented for the sole purpose of education on Ayurveda and neither the details in this blog nor the products are intended to diagnose, cure, prevent. treat, or mitigate any condition. If you have a medical condition, please consult a doctor or health professional. Total Ayurveda Care strongly recommends that you speak with your doctor before making any changes to your diet through which your health will be benefited.