Mutrashmariis one among the Ashtamahagada (eight fatal conditions) and is Kaphapradhan Tridoshaja Vyadhi, which is corresponded with urolithiasis. It is a great cause of morbidity. In Ayurveda, urinary calculi are called Mutrashmariand have been termed in the earliest Ayurvedic text, Susrutha Samhita and Ashtanga Hridaya, which tell about two stages of trading with the obstacle. If calculi are in the disposing of formation, it is possible to deal with the problem by lifestyle changes and Ayurvedic supplements, but if the big stones are previously formed, they should be taken out surgically.
The roots of urinary calculi are manyfold: improper food consumption (Apathya ahara), drugs intake, poor fluid intake, urinary tract infections, abrupt stoppage of sexual act or excessive coitus (males), idiopathic etc.
The calculi can be formed from various chemicals and they may be found in different parts of urinary tract, depending on Dosha imbalance type, so the management of the problem is unique to the individual, but it regularly aims at eliminating the first cause of the development of the stones, in sequence with toxin eliminating treatments.
The Ayurvedic practice adheres to the essential concept that the body requires to be placed in balance in which a well-balanced body basically serves to optimum health. We look at the human body to consist of three essential life forces called the Tridoshas. These comprise of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha, an inequality of which induces a build-up of toxins and ultimately leads to negative natural and psychological health and is usually the primary cause of most illnesses.
What happens when the kidney stone arrives?
- Pain in the area of the kidney, extending towards the spine and all over
- Heaviness in breathing
- Feeling bloated
- Frequent sensation of urination
- Difficulty in urination/pain urination
- Fever and chills
Combating the kidney stone
The elimination or reduction of the stone size will depend on the size, shape, and depth of the stone.
According to Ayurveda,
- Small-sized stones can be disposed of through food, preventive actions, and sufficient water intake
- Ayurvedic herbs and remedies can break a stone, greater than a grain of sand
- In leading cases, great stones can be removed with flush therapy or invasive surgical methods
Some home remedies
1) Drink right:
- Lemon water
- Barley water (morning and evening)
- Pumpkin soup
- Coconut water (morning)
- Sweet lime juice (not in excess)
2) Consume sugarcane:
- Mix green Cardamom with a little sugarcane juice (twice a day empty stomach)
- Tulsi seeds with sugarcane and milk
- Cumin seeds, sugarcane, and honey
- Fennel seeds, coriander, sugarcane/mishri (unrefined sugar)
3) Take some watermelon (preferably eat the fruit)
4) Include Amla powder in food
The following measures should be followed for prevention and management of kidney stones
- Drink enough water vs liquid consumption, aerated drinks
- Eat on time
- Urinate on time vs holding the urge
- Cleanse the bowel by drinking warm water early in the morning
- Avoid chikku, too many bananas, dairy products, tomatoes, brinjal, maida food – if you have a history of kidney stones
- Regularly practice yoga poses, meditation, pranayama vs a sedentary lifestyle / too much exercise (in the case of a large stone, or hypertension)
- Eat fruits with high water content
- Ayurvedic herbs like Punarnava, Gokshura, Varuna, Pashanabheda, Shigru, and formulations like Trinapanchamoola kwatha, Sweta parpati, Varunadi kwatha, Gokshuradi Guggulu, Chandraprabha vati, Hajrulyahud bhasma etc. are advised for the management of kidney stones.
These Ayurvedic remedies can be followed in general and will be beneficial. It’s advised to get a complete check-up and a customized Ayurvedic treatment for Kidney stones and other health conditions. Contact our expert online Ayurvedic doctors at Total Ayurveda Care today.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is presented for the sole purpose of education on Ayurveda and neither the details in this blog nor the products are intended to diagnose, cure, prevent. Treat, or mitigate any condition. If you have a medical condition, please consult a doctor or health professional. Total Ayurveda Care strongly recommends that you speak with your doctor before making any changes to your diet through which your health will be benefited.