Shilajit is primarily found in the rocks of the Himalayas. It is one of many herbs mineral formulations used in Ayurveda medicine. A healing system that came from thousands of ages ago in India. Ayurveda focuses on strengthening the body through balancing the mind, spirit, and body. Shilajit is black tar, sticky -like a substance that comes from rocks in a large mountain lines.
Why is Shilajit Beneficial?
- One of the key reasons why Shilajit is incredible for health is because it incorporates sufficient amounts of fulvic acid. Fulvic acid benefits to improve your gut’s strength to absorb essential nutrients and minerals from food.
- It also boosts immunity, promotes digestion, reduces inflammation a boosted energy levels in your body. Apart from this, Shilajit also contains fundamental minerals, vitamins, terpenoids, and phospholipids.
- Shilajit is formed by the disintegration of plants due to microorganisms. It is a consolidation of numerous decomposed plants, herbs, minerals, and nutritive elements that are incorporated from the soil.
- Shilajit is segregated among Ayurvedic herbs, as being a ‘Rasayana’ or a tonic for improving immunity and stress.
- Considering the actions of fulvic acid in preventing self-aggregation into pathological filaments, this compound appears to be of interest for the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Other common uses include its action in genitourinary disorders, jaundice, digestive disorders, anemia, enlarged spleen, epilepsy, nervous disorders, and chronic bronchitis.
- It is useful for the treatment of kidney stones, edema, and hemorrhoids, as an internal antiseptic, and to reduce anorexia. Also, it has been claimed in India to be used as Yogavaha, which is a synergistic enhancer of other drugs.
- Organic components of Shilajit play also a role in transporting different mineral substances to their cellular targets.
The Nutritional Health Benefits of Shilajit!
Shilajit has positive effects on most of the body functions. It can improve the health of women in different ways. Some of these are as follows:
- Alzheimer’s Condition /Memory
Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive brain disorder that affects the brain, leading to problems connected with cognition; thinking; behavior and memory.
- The fulvic acid present in it is an antioxidant with anti-inflammatory abilities, that build up cognition, as it limits the deposition of tau protein. Tau proteins are great for your nervous system.
- By lessening inflammation, Shilajit is responsible to treat Alzheimer’s.
- Acetylcholine chemical is important for memory and other brain activities. The acetylcholine levels lessen with age, but Shilajit can manage the enzymes that break acetylcholine.
- In extension, Shilajit contains selenium, which has anti-aging properties.
2. One of the Excellent Shilajit Use: Detoxification
With chemicals present in our water, food, and even in the air that we breathe, it’s a great time for detoxification!
- The fulvic acid and the humic acid present in Shilajit binds itself to the viruses in the body and disposes of them from the blood.
- Improves the health of the liver, which improves the removal of toxins.
3. Shilajit for BodyBuilders or Athletes
Shilajit is especially useful for bodybuilders!
- Shilajit aids in burning fat and again strengthens the muscle mass.
- Shilajit reduces muscle recovery times by about 50%.
- Anabolism and catabolism are prominent in muscle growth for athletes and energy are essential for all activities. One aspect of stimulating anabolism is through supplements like Shilajit that involve ATP.
4. Male Fertility and Testosterone Level
Shilajit supplements can aid testosterone in healthy men! This is one of the prominent Shilajit benefits for men.
- Shilajit is a natural booster for testosterone levels in men.
- Boosts the levels of follicle-stimulating hormones or FSH.
- It boosts testosterone levels by promoting the secretion of the hypothalamic and pituitary hormone.
- It increases the seminiferous layers in the testes, whereas the fulvic acid enhances the TSH levels, which aids testosterone levels.
- It also increases sperm count and semen volume in men.
5. Panacea for High Altitude sickness
People living in areas of great altitude have obstacles related to body ache, insomnia, lethargy, dementia, fatigue, appetite loss, pulmonary and cerebral edema and so on.
- Adding Shilajit to your diet helps to avoid sickness linked with great altitude.treats
- It treats the body in absorption of minerals for fighting fatigue and tiredness and maintains the stress of altitudes by regulation of the immune system.
- Shilajit improves the oxygen-carrying capacities of blood, helps in purification of blood, regulates blood circulation, thereby controlling oxygen levels in hypoxic patients.
- It can be used for tackling carbon dioxide contamination in such altitudes.
- It serves as an adaptogenic agent and prevents mountain sickness, edema, dehydration, dyspnea, dizziness, palpitation, and other problems associated with high altitudes.
6. Acts as an Anti-Ageing Agent
- Shilajit prevents the presence of wrinkles, blemishes, scars, and other gestures of old age on the skin.
- Shilajit has antioxidant properties, so it quiets down oxidation and then, the overall ageing process.
- Humic acid in it promotes blood circulation, which puts the body free of wrinkles.
- It is an antitoxin and eliminates toxins, thereby nourishing the cells and enabling them to live stronger for a lengthier time.
- It has great minerals that don’t ordinarily occur in the food or fruits that we eat.
7. Benefits for Females
It is good for overall women’s health.
- Shilajit supplement is advantageous for weak bones in women, as it is a great calcium
- It is also helpful for mitigating premenstrual problems and affording relief from menstrual problems.
- It aids in regulating and maintaining a regular menstrual cycle in women.
8. Stronger Bones
Shilajit can be a remedy for arthritis!
- The minerals like nickel, cuprum, manganese, and strontium can aid in making the bones as well as joints stronger.
- These fibers also improve resilience against various types of osteoporosis and arthritis.
- Magnesium in Shilajit can strive against chronic inflammation.
- Its potassium content helps towards healthy bone density, by maintaining the calcium within the bones.
9. Managing Diabetes
- Shilajit involves higher than 85 ionic minerals.
- Fulvic acid can eliminate free radicals and is a great antioxidant.
- It eliminates the harm done to pancreatic cells caused by free radicals. It is this damage that is a big cause of diabetes, as the pancreas is not able to secrete insulin and cannot penetrate toxins in the urine properly.
- When you have Shilajit, the pancreas is easy to release the insulin better and also refine the toxins from the body.
- It helps diabetes patients to balance blood sugar levels and promotes glucose metabolism in their bodies.
10. Treat Anemia and Boosts Immunity
Anemia is an extremely common problem all over the globe, with many people including low HB, and not sufficient blood cells in their body for carrying oxygen. The major cause of anemia in the absence of iron.
- Shilajit contains fulvic acid and some minerals that strengthen the capacity of the red blood cells to carry oxygen, thereby strengthening iron levels.
- It is a great antioxidant.
- All of us have some toxic molecules in our bodies, known as open radicals. These can damage our cells and also lead to cancers.
- Neutralizes free radicals and protects us from dangerous diseases.
How can You take Shilajit?
Shilajit supplements are available in many forms: these are Capsules, tablets, powder, and resin. Resin is a sticky, tar-like material and usually, this form is dealt with the purest version. Consumption of Shilajit is done once it purified (Shodhana).
Capsules and tablets are taken with warm water. If you have Shilajit in the powder form, you can mix it well with a warm beverage such as herbal teas in order to consume it. If you do not need to stir with a beverage for any reason, you can mix it with warm water instead.
In Ayurveda, Shilajit is generally referred to as a conquistador of mountains and destroyer of weakness. This is because the practitioners of Ayurveda acknowledge that this herb is one of the most beneficial that any individual can take. Since it provides a range of health advances, Men should surely think about having this herb in order to boost their overall health. Even something as essential as boosting your energy levels can serve you to promote the quality of your life.
Do you want to take any supplements for general health and improvement of energy levels? You can contact online expert consultants at Total Ayurveda Care and get more healthy tips. We offer a wide range of herbals, spices, Nuts, and Dry fruits supplements that can benefit your health greatly! Have a look at our product catalog today!
Disclaimer: The information in this article is presented for the sole purpose of education on Ayurveda and neither the details in this blog nor the products are intended to diagnose, cure, prevent. treat, or mitigate any condition. If you have a medical condition, please consult a doctor or health professional. Total Ayurveda Care strongly recommends that you speak with your doctor before making any changes to your diet through which your health will be benefited.